Tuesday, February 27, 2007

creeley emotion

10 results of 2780, Monday, February 26, 2007, 2:06:30 pm EST

Steve
Swallow with
Robert Creeley: Only

Emotion
Endures. ...
Robert Creeley was


one
of those adolescent

passions
I suppose
I should've put

It
was through
jazz that Creeley

discovered that emotions
could be
expressed


outside
of traditional modes

with
equal strength.
In the preface

ROBERT CREELEY. from
LINDA WAGNER:
AN

INTERVIEW WITH ROBERT
CREELEY ...
I

believe,

rather, that it

is that complex
of emotion
evident

by
means of
the poem, ...

Veteran poet Robert
Creeley has
a

worldwide reputation, ...
"Creeley's poetry
is

predominantly
concerned with
love

and the emotions
attending intimate
...

But that sort
of prestige
alone

cannot explain the
powerful emotions
that

Creeley's

death has inspired

in Buffalo, the
place that
became

"I
see as
I write," Creeley

has noted, and
his poems
are

less
"Emotions recollected
in

tranquillity"--as Wordsworth described
his own
project--than

He
read "NUMBERS,"
and in my

own glimmering moment,
I realized
Pound's

words that
Creeley
repeats

so often, "Nothing
counts save
the

A reference page
on Robert
Creeley

(1926 - 2005),
poet of
short

lines,
hard
nouns &

pure emotion, influential
teacher, editor
&

Creeley's
poetry is
predominantly concerned with

love
and the
emotions attending

intimate relationships.
Among his
strongest

influences he lists
not only
...

"I
see as
I write," Creeley

has
noted, and
his poems are

less "Emotions recollected

in

tranquility"--
as Wordsworth
described his own

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home